The Science Department introduces and develops student awareness of physical, life, and chemical science. This is a major responsibility as students become more aware of the ever-changing roles of science and technology in today’s society. With this awareness, students should be able to:
- Acquire, classify, and utilize scientific knowledge;
- Understand basic scientific methods and principles;
- Understand and apply safe lab techniques;
- Demonstrate proper use and care of laboratory equipment; and
- Be environmentally aware.
To fulfill the science diploma requirements of Thetford Academy a student must complete three credits of course work from the Science Department, including Conceptual Physical Science and Biology.