We are basecamp.
We keep the trails clear.
We want every student to reach the summit.
Each student is unique, so why should they take the same route? We want every student to find inspiration, challenge, and joy in their learning—to be able to explore broadly and try new things, both in and outside the classroom.
Supported by you, students engage in hands-on learning through internships, take Dartmouth and community college courses, and take advantage of TA’s many outdoor learning spaces. Your connections have enabled our students to meet speakers and experts that bring the real world into the classroom. With your help, our students have opportunities to travel domestically and internationally and learn from other cultures and communities.
- Keep our art room stocked with canvas and paint, charcoal and ink, clay and glaze.
- Support costume design and accompaniment for TA’s theater performances and spring musical.
- Fill our pantry with fresh ingredients for culinary classes.
- Help buy extra instruments for our instrumental program.
- Help TA bring guest speakersand experts to campus.
- Fund transportation to national competitions for the award- winning robotics team.
- Bring STEM technology like 3D printers, CAD and design software into our classes.
- Support the library’s expansive digital subscriptions, and more.
- Help keep our fitness center a state-of-the-art resource for the TA community.
- Keep our fields, dugouts, and trails ready for every game, every race.
- Provide transportation for our teams’ travel to championship competitions.
- Purchase lumber, safety equipment, and tools for our timber framing class.
- Send students on field trips to real world research sites, workplaces, museums, and performances.
- Provide students with the technology and equipment for scientific study of the natural world.
Learn more about the TA Community
At TA, we forge connections that last a lifetime.
The Thetford Academy community has deep roots and a shared sense of responsibility, mission, and history that spans generations. Together, we wear our blue and white, we cheer for our athletes and applaud our actors. We volunteer at events and donate our time, talent, and resources to support student enrichment.
You’re just as likely to find Fritz Junker in Mr. Mellinger’s music room practicing stand-up bass as on the soccer field, the stage, or in the woods with the Thetford Outdoor Program. Having these artistic and extracurricular outlets, Fritz says, helps him keep focused in his core classes: “Having Instrumental Music makes me better in Math class.” Fritz is excited about all the opportunities at TA and loves the community—the faculty and classmates— who support him along the way.
At TA, Annie Fetter played three varsity sports, and participated in music and drama. It was Annie’s aptitude for math, though, that set her on course for her life’s work. After graduating from Swarthmore, with teacher certification in hand, Annie helped launch the first online professional development community for math teachers. Today, Annie is internationally recognized for her innovative and creative approach to making math accessible to every student.
Affectionately known by students as Madame Heinzmann, Karen first came to TA in 1990 as a Dartmouth student teacher. Many in the community know her as a Woods Trail volunteer and see her on the trails skiing and running year-round. Karen has left TA to live in Paris and to ski the Catamount Trail from end to end, but she keeps coming back. She loves TA’s “long tradition of putting students at the heart of everything we do.”
Make your donation any way you want!
To make a donation by phone:
Call Patty McIlvaine, Director of Development
To make a donation by mail:
Please mail your check to:
304 Academy Road
Thetford Center, VT 05075
To make a donation online:
Click the button below to donate via our secure web form.