Thetford Academy seeks dynamic, skilled and caring educators and support staff who value student engagement, collaboration with colleagues, and their own professional growth, to join our award-winning team of faculty and staff. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to become part of a strong professional community.
- Study Center Coordinator & In-House Substitute: Thetford Academy seeks an additional support staff member for the second half of the 2020-2021 school year. Responsibilities include tutoring students, providing classroom coverage for teacher absences, coordinating study halls, and being a flexible team member to help as needed during this unique Covid school year. Position is available as full time and also could be part-time, depending on candidate availability. This is a temporary position that ends in mid-June. Hire date: Goal of March 15, 2021.
- Long-Term Substitute Nurse: Thetford Academy is hiring an interim school nurse for March-June 2021. This is a temporary full-time position for the remainder of the school year; flexibility available if ideal candidate prefers part-time schedule. Hire date: Goal of March 15, 2021.
- TOP Summer Leadership Guide: This is a seasonal stipend position. Hire date: Goal of May 1. Length of employment: Early June through July 23. Full position description available here.
- Interested candidates for the positions listed above should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ANTICIPATED OPENINGS for 2021-22:
- Please check back throughout the spring for hiring updates regarding next school year.
About Thetford Academy
Thetford Academy is an independent school with a public purpose. Located in Thetford, Vermont, TA was established as a town academy in 1819 and is Vermont’s oldest secondary school. The TA mission is to celebrate the unique worth of all students, to nurture their strengths, and to challenge them to fulfill their potential.
The town of Thetford is located in the Upper Valley, a region comprised of Vermont and New Hampshire towns along the Connecticut River and Dartmouth College, creating a unique cultural, academic, and outdoor community.
Thetford Academy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, gender, color, age, creed, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability, or any other reason set forth in state or federal non-discrimination requirements, if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.