Head of School Weekly Email: Key Dates, COVID Update & a Short Reflection
Dear TA Families & Students,
Here is the Friday round-up. Three topics to highlight for you as we wrap up this week:
1. Virtual Parent Nights & Other Key Dates
- High School Parent Night – Nov. 19, 7:00-8:30pm
- Special Half Day Remote Schedule – Friday, Nov. 20
- Thanksgiving Break – Wednesday, Nov. 25-Sunday, Nov. 29
- Middle School Parent Night – Dec. 3, 7:00-8:30pm
- Special Half Day Remote Schedule – Friday, Dec. 4
Please note: We will share links and details with high school parents next week for the parent night event on November 19.
2. COVID-Related Updates
- This is a fast-moving topic. I encourage all to stay tuned to the Vermont guidance carefully. This news story provides a link to Vermont Governor Phil Scott’s press conference today: https://vtdigger.org/2020/11/13/scott-bans-multi-family-gatherings-in-vermont-closes-bars-and-clubs/
- The Vermont Department of Health and Agency of Education are collaborating on a statewide initiative to provide COVID testing to all K-12 school staff next week. This is part of the state’s larger effort to identify and curb community spread. Thetford Academy will be participating. This program is opt-in for individual employees.
3. A Reflection on Teaching & Learning @ TA
I want to share my deep appreciation and admiration for the good and hard work our TA educators are doing – leading, supporting, and teaching our students. I also want to shine the spotlight on our students, who continue to explore, create, play, and acquire new skills and knowledge in the midst of this complicated and stressful time we are living through. Despite all that is going on around us and the many changes we have had to make to the school program this fall, teaching and learning remain at the center of our daily experience at TA – and that is evident to me everyday. It is my joy to teach and learn alongside all of you!
Carrie Brennan, Head of School