Head of School Community Email: Fall 2020 Plan Updates & Option Selection for Students
The following message was sent via email to TA parents and guardians on August 14.
Dear Thetford Academy Parents and Guardians,
I am writing today to share updates on our academic program this fall and to distribute the official form to indicate each student’s option.
1. Start & End Times of the On-Campus Experience
- The Thetford Academy on-campus experience on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays will be from 9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Morning bus runs will arrive at approximately 9:15 and afternoon bus runs will depart a little after 2.
- We are developing a structured option for students who need to be on campus between 8:15-9:15am and 2-3pm. There will be limited space, sign-up will be required, and selection will be based on family needs, such as geographic considerations, etc. More information to come on this.
2. Academic Program Updates
- Please review the TA Fall Reopening Handbook for an overview of the academic program.
- Further design work on the plan will continue during the two weeks with teachers (Aug. 24-Sept. 4) and we will share further developments with the community again on September 1.
3. Official Sign-Up Form
- Submit this form to officially indicate which option your family has selected for your student this fall. We need one separate form per TA student in your household.
- All previous forms you have submitted this summer were surveys only and provided data for planning purposes.
- Submit one form per TA student before noon on Tuesday, August 18.
- We request that families commit to the option chosen for the month of September. We will provide students the opportunity to revisit their selection on October 1.
While I usually send important updates for the TA community to students, I am sending this message to the parent/guardian list only to help avoid the issue of multiple form submissions for a student. Feel free to forward this communication to the TA students in your household.
Thank you so much for the many good questions, feedback, suggestions, and encouragement you have shared with us throughout the spring and summer. We are truly in this together.
Carrie Brennan, Head of School