Self Care Resources for Remote TA, volume 6
Hello Panther Community,
We hope you all had a wonderful staycation last week during April break. Anyone garden, hike, or cook something new?
Returning to school after this break is always a reminder about how fast the rest of the year will go. We’re on the home-stretch to June, and we’re hoping you’re doing well and continuing to find entertainment, joy, and silver linings during COVID times.
Cool Things to do Online:
- Explore the British Library’s “Harry Potter: A History of Magic” Exhibition
- Head to Ireland for a Virtual Tour of Blarney Castle
- Free Cooking Classes for Kids from Delish (This link talks about the series that goes live daily on Instagram – it’s geared toward younger kids, but the recipes look great for anyone to tackle)
Mental Health Resources:
- Care for your Coronavirus Anxiety
- 3 Short Workouts from NYT (Physical health is a strong supporter of mental health!)
Self Care Suggestions:
- Find a quarantine buddy – Agree with a friend to check in on each other daily, just to see how you’re both doing.
- Redecorate your space – Since we’re inside more than usual, spruce up your room, school space, or a common place in your home. Maybe rearrange furniture, put up new artwork, or paint (get your parent’s permission first for any permanent changes).
- Make tea, cocoa, or coffee, and curl up with a good book or movie.
- Have a dance party. Bonus points if you invite your quarantine buddy and shake your groove things via Hangouts, Zoom, or Facetime.
Health Office Update from Sue Farrell:
Staying active in this time of “stay home/stay safe” is vitally important for all of us in order to feel good and stay sane. I have a great challenge for you to do with your family. (It might also fulfill PE activities!) I did the initial part of the hike to the top of Flag Pole Hill with Ms. Chambers and her dog Luna over spring break …
- Check out the Cross Rivendell Trail COVID challenge! (The trail starts in Vershire on Flag Pole Hill and ends at Mt. Cube). Download the Challenge Bingo card, do enough sections of the 36 mile trail to get Bingo, and get 10 photo scavenger hunt items. You can win prizes for completing the challenge. Read more about the COVID challenge and download the Bingo Card and Photo Scavenger Hunt.
We’re happy to be back this week with our Panthers! Don’t hesitate to reach out to any of the Student Support Team if you need to talk to someone.
Rebecca, Siobhan, Mark, Sue, Deb, and Kara