Self Care Resources for Remote TA, volume 5
It’s the last week before a break! We hope you’re continuing to take care of yourself, and that next week will give you some space to breathe, even if you can’t travel to places far and wide. Are you marking this non-traditional April break in any fun or exciting ways?
Cool Things to do Online:
- Live Cameras at the National Aquarium
- Learn to Paint with Watercolors
- Enter your ingredients, and Supercook spits out a recipe!
Mental Health Resources:
- Plant a garden
- With the weather (hopefully) turning nicer, it’s a good time to till up a garden plot. Some seeds can be planted early, like leafy greens (kale, spinach, and some lettuces), radishes, peas, or beets.
- Do a puzzle
- Did you know jigsaw puzzles have been proven to improve short-term memory?
- Stick to a sleep schedule
- Now that you don’t have to worry about a commute to and from school, make a regular sleep schedule a priority and see how good it makes you feel.
- Express gratitude
- Write an email or note to someone who has had a positive effect on your life. Research shows that both the sender and recipient of these communications feel positive benefits from the expressed gratitude.
Health Office Resources
- This “Stop the Domino Effect” video from the CDC is a great visual to better understand why social distancing makes a difference
- Guidance from the State of Vermont about how to use cloth face coverings
Do you have a resource to share? Email it to Rebecca and we’ll include it in an upcoming newsletter.
Stay strong, Panthers, and enjoy your upcoming break!
The SST Team
Siobhan, Mark, Rebecca, Kara, Deb, and Sue