Weekly Head of School Message: March 26
The following message was sent home via email to all parents and students on Thursday morning, March 26 …
Dear TA Families & Students,
We are now a full week into Remote TA. We hope that you are all finding your way in this new stay-at-home reality – and that your family has been able to set up some routines and structures that are helping. How unexpected and life-changing this is for all of us!
Here are key updates this week from Thetford Academy:
1. Quarter 3 wraps up
- Tomorrow, Friday 3/27, marks the end of the third quarter. We are sticking with the quarter timeline as outlined in the original school calendar, in large part so that the majority of the quarter grade can reflect learning that took place when school was in session (Jan 21-March 13) and before we shifted to Remote TA.
- Students have an extension until Wednesday, April 1 to make up work from the quarter.
- Report cards will be mailed home approximately April 10.
2. New timeline for remote learning?
- At this time, we are still awaiting specific guidance from the VT Agency of Education on an extension to the length of the school dismissal. Governor Scott’s stay-at-home directive issued on March 24 is what we have to work with for now – and that suggests that school dismissal will extend until at least April 15. We will be sure to share updates as we receive them.
3. Governor’s stay-at-home directive: How does this impact TA services?
- Lunch IS still available for pick up daily (Mon-Fri) from 11-11:30am in front of Anderson Hall.
- Parking lot wifi IS still available.
- Sign-up slots to use the TA library are NO longer available.
- The front office is NO longer being staffed. To contact the school, call Gloria Konicki on the school landline and leave a message: 785-4805 x201. Gloria is checking messages daily.
4. Mailing sent to families
- Just a quick confirmation that we sent a mailing home last Friday (3/20) to all TA student households with a cover letter and paper copies of the resources available on the Remote TA section of our website. If you did not receive this, please let Gloria or me know.
Please remember to visit the Remote TA section of our website for updates and resources. Messages sent to all families, such as my weekly updates and resource lists from the counseling department, are re-posted on Remote TA so that they are easy to return to when you need them.
All of us at TA are committed to student success and well-being, now more than ever as we help our community weather this crisis. Please reach out and let us know how we can best support you during this time. And, if you are able to, take a minute to reach out with positive feedback too, to let teachers, counselors, and other staff know in what ways their various efforts are effective.
Carrie Brennan, Head of School