Student Support Services During School Dismissal
Message from the TA Student Support Team
Dear TA Families,
During the school dismissal period, your Counseling and Health Office staff, including Mark, Rebecca, Molly, Kara, and Siobhan are here to support you and your students. We see our role as helping students overcome the barriers they face to accessing their education – and this is true in this time of remote learning as well.
Our plans for supporting you during the dismissal include the following:
- We will be compiling resources around stress, anxiety, and self-care to share with you.
- We will be available to hold video meetings with students via Google Hangouts. To schedule an appointment, students should contact the person with whom they wish to meet.
- We plan to provide college and career resources for juniors and seniors via Google Classroom.
- We will be supporting advisors, who will be in frequent communication with your students, around specific academic or emotional needs that come up.
- We will be available by email Monday-Friday with any questions or concerns you have. If we don’t know the answer, we will find out who does!
If anyone in your household is experiencing a mental health crisis during school dismissal, please call Clara Martin’s emergency number at 800-639-6360, or HCRS (for the towns of Hartland, Weathersfield, and Sharon) at 800-622-4235. For any other emergency, call 911.
We know this transition will be stressful for students and families, and we are here to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Siobhan Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Pichette email@example.com
Rebecca Walter firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Toms email@example.com
Molly Dugan-Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Farrell email@example.com