Dartmouth Relays Recap
TA’s indoor track and field team had another standout day at last weekend’s annual Dartmouth Relays event. Or, as Coach Buttrey put it, “This was almost certainly the best Dartmouth Relays the Thetford Academy Indoor Track team has ever had!!”
In addition to the school records, podiums, and placement of the teams highlighted below, almost every athlete on TA’s track and field team left the Relays with new personal records in their events. Go Panthers!!!
- Tobin Durham earned a place on the TA record board with the second-fastest time in the 2-mile, 10:36.20 (converted to a 3200 meter time of 10:32.51).
- Knute Linehan won the unseeded flight of the high jump on the Relays’ first day. In the long jump, Knute’s 40’8″ jump was first in his flight and earned him 6th place overall. In the long jump, Knute finished 2nd in his flight with a jump of 20′ 1/2″, bringing him closer to the #2 spot on the school record board.
- In the hurdles, Kiran Black’s 9.71 finish earned her a spot in the semifinals.
- Kayla Busby broke her own school record in the weight throw by a foot and a half with a distance of 31’2″.
- Lucas Gilman‘s weight throw of 35’7″ earned him 2nd all-time for the school record board.
- Grace Davis earned 4th place overall in the high jump with a leap of 5’2″.
- Tad Darrah set a new school record in the 1-mile with a time of 4:48:67 (converted to a 1600 meter time of 4:47:00).
- In the 4×800, Tad Darrah, Tobin Durham, Tyler Wojcik, and Frank Loveland earned the second fastest time on TA’s school record board finishing in 9:07.24–behind only the state record.
- In the 4×800, relay team Layla Hanissian, Abby Egner, Morgan Gaffney, and Madi Powers demolished the school record with a time of 11:06.39 (previous record was 11:56:46). Madi, Layla, Abby, and Samara Spelman ran the 4×400 in TA’s second best-ever time of 4:43.79.