The Counseling Office helps students use school and community resources to support their academic goals as well as their social and emotional well-being. Each student is assigned a counselor, who meets with him or her on occasion about course schedules, grades, plans for the future, and personal issues.
The Counseling Office offers resources for study abroad options, technical and apprenticeship programs, the armed services, two- and four-year colleges, interim/gap year programs, summer programs, and scholarship and financial aid opportunities. School counselors work closely with advisors and grade-level teams to collaborate on students’ progress and challenges.
School counselors organize a variety of programs and coordinate numerous services for students and families, including:
- Individual meetings with seniors and their families
- College Money 101 Night in September
- Financial Aid Forms Night in October
- College Night for juniors and their parents in January
- Course registration and academic advising
- Job Shadow Day for 8th graders in April
- Orientation meetings for incoming 7th and 9th grade students
The Counseling Office provides additional student support through a variety of community resources, including mental health clinicians from the Clara Martin Center, an outreach counselor from the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation, a student assistance provider from Second Growth, and a school transition counselor from Vermont Vocational Rehabilitation.
Parents are encouraged to communicate regularly with their student’s school counselor by phone, e-mail, or visits to the Counseling Office.
TA Counseling Department Vision Statement:
TA Counseling Department Mission Statement:
|Mark Pichette – Director of Counselingemail@example.com||
|Rebecca Walter-Proulx – School Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org||
|Mary Daum – Coordinator of Counseling Affairsemail@example.com||
Additional Counseling Resources in the Counseling Department
- Stacey King, Vermont Student Assistance Corp. Outreach Counselor, Gear Up
- Julia Martiesian, Vocational Rehabilitation Division, School Transition Counselor