How to Apply
Without that time spent at TA, I would be a completely different person today.
- Stefan Kreigsmann, Kroebeln, Germany
As our program is intentionally small, admission is competitive. Thetford Academy seeks students who are highly motivated to live and learn in the United States. Most students wish to stay through graduation and attend a highly competitive American college or university. Some students choose to complete a one-year program and return to their country to complete their high school education.
All students must present academic credentials that provide clear evidence that they are capable of being successful in a competitive college-bound curriculum and are ready to live independently from their families and country. We look for students who have demonstrated a clear desire to live and learn about other people and who are ready to share their customs and culture with people from other countries.
- Completed application form.
- Written essay in English, indicating why the student wants to come to the United States.
- Two teacher recommendations.
- Family photos.
- Transcripts for two most recent years of school.
- TOEFL or SLEP scores and English teacher evaluation letter.
- Physical exam and medical history form.
- Financial statement. (available upon request)
Applications should be submitted as soon after November 1 as possible. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. Once the application is reviewed, Thetford Academy will send you a notification regarding acceptance and a contract, if accepted.
- English teacher recommendation
- Math teacher recommendation
- Principal/Head/Counselor Recommendation
- Health forms
- International Student Application Checklist
Attention Chinese Students: Thetford Academy has a partnership with The Cambridge Institute of International Education to help our Chinese applicants with the admission process. Please visit their website: The Cambridge Insitute of International Education, or contact Ariel Smith, our Cambridge Representative directly at: email@example.com
For more information about Thetford Academy, including tuition and program features, please contact:
International Student Program Coordinator
PO Box 190
304 Academy Road
Thetford, VT 05074
Tel: +802-785-4805 x 267