Special Education Paraprofessional
Position Description: The Special Education Paraprofessional position provides assistance to students as needed in accordance with their IEP and/or 504 plan. This position reports to the Director of Special Education Services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of and adhering to assigned students’ IEP accommodations, modifications and services. Includes communicating student needs to the appropriate adults in order to achieve Special Education goals for assigned students.
- Collaborates with faculty and Special Education personnel in a respectful and professional manner in order to adapt classroom expectations for assigned students.
- Maintains Special Education student records accurately and provides updates in a timely fashion.
- Develops a respectful and supportive rapport with students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education Services.
Other Job Functions:
- Ability to stay on task consistently in regards to assisting students with academic and emotional needs.
- Is dependable and adheres to assigned work schedule.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures for Thetford Academy.
Associates degree or equivalent, preferred. Ability to keep confidential information essential. Disability awareness/education preferred. Must demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of Thetford Academy.
Please send letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Dr. Deb Sanders-Dame, Director of Special Education Services, at email@example.com.
Please send letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Gloria Thurston Konicki, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thetford Academy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age (over age 39), sex, national origin, or on the basis or disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary.