Principles of Thetford Academy’s Curriculum
Thetford Academy strives to make learning:
- Active and engaging – People learn by doing. Students engage in direct experience, including practice, application, creation and invention.
- Reflective and thoughtful – People learn by thinking about experience. Students reflect, evaluate and integrate new learning.
- Varied and adaptive – People learn in diverse ways. Students experience multiple approaches that explore and respect varied learning styles.
- Safe and supportive – People learn by taking risks in a secure environment. Students have clear expectations, purposeful organization, and valid assessment of their work.
- Motivating and inspiring – People learn by interacting with expert mentors and inspiring models. Students develop relationships with adults—both professional teachers andcommunity mentors—who know their subjects and who love their vocations.