All departments offer an Honors designation to graduating seniors who take a prescribed set of courses and achieve an average specified in those courses.
- Art : 2 1/2 full credits; one course must be in the junior or senior year: at least an A- average
- Design Technology Honors: 3 credits in Design Tech, one in Introduction to Design Tech, two credits in one of the three Advanced Design Tech areas: at least an A- average with no grade lower than a B
- Drama: 3 full credits; 1 must be in the junior and seniors years: an A- or higher in each course
- English : 3 credits in the junior-senior courses with an A (93 or higher) in each course
- Language: Four levels of the same language, with an average of at least an A- and no grade lower than B-
- Mathematics : Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus and Calculus: final grade of B or better in each course
- Music : 3 full credits; 1 1/2 must be in the junior and senior years: at least an A- average with no grade lower than B
- Physical Education : All required courses in grades 9-11 plus one elective: A- or higher in each course
- Social Studies : 4 credits in Social Studies courses with an overall average of at least A-
- Science : Conceptual Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, and one additional course from Physics, Chemistry II, Marine Biology or Human Genetics: no grade below A at Thetford Academy
- Vocational: Honors level work is determined at the River Bend and Hartford Career and Technical Centers . An average of B or better, over a two-year period, usually earns a certificate with distinction.